With just a handful of ingredients this recipe is an easy and delicious meal. It's great for the summer since you throw it into a crockpot and forget about it until dinner. Then just a couple simple steps to finish it up and serve.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8oz package of cream cheese
- 8oz package of chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of dry ranch mix (or you can use 2 packets)
- 3 or 6 ounce package of real bacon bits or pieces, depending on how much you want in it (or you can cook 10 ounces of bacon, then break it into pieces)
- 1 or 2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese
- 6 bakery rolls or buns
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Using a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheeses. Depending on how soft they are, you may have to heat them up in the microwave to make it easier to mix. Add the dry ranch and bacon bits and mix well. Spread the mixture over the top of the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours. Keep an eye on it that it doesn't over cook.
- Shred the chicken with some forks them mix everything well. I try to do this at least a half an hour before serving so that the shredded chicken can absorb the flavors.
- Serve the chicken on rolls and top with the shredded cheese. If you want to help the cheese melt, as well as warm up the rolls, place in the oven under the broiler for 30 seconds to a minute. Watch it closely so it doesn't burn.
This has been such a wonderful recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has. :)