NavBar

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Little Fairy Garden

So a couple months ago, my daughter and I decided to put together our own little fairy garden. I had been collecting items for it for quite awhile. The little skeleton guys, and Halloween decorations I bought last year at some craft stores. When it finally warmed up enough outside I went to a local nursery to get the plants.




The metal tub I used for it I found in my storage room. It was from a Christmas gift basket we had received many years ago. I was excited to repurpose it in this project. Before we put the dirt in the tub, I drilled about 6 small holes in the bottom of it for drainage.
After we had it filled with dirt we started planning out where we wanted the plants and big decorations (like the skull house, and little pond).
Some of the plants we used were....
  • Scotch moss
  • Mini blue lavender
  • 'Vampire' Maiden Pink
  • Yellow archangel
  • Succulents
We used some black rocks and sand for the little trail/walkway. For the pond we used turquoise colored clear stones that have a little glitter on them.

It was a really fun project to do, and I look forward to doing it again.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...