NavBar

Monday, July 27, 2015

Easy Way to Freeze Berries

With summer being here, it's the best time to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. Personally I've been stocking up on blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. My family and I enjoy using them in smoothies. Luckily I have a blackberry bush in my backyard that has been producing a ton of fruit. Only took a few years for it to become productive. Lol.




After I have cleaned the berries, I arrange them on cookie sheets, sometimes I line it with wax paper. I try to get them as close together without them touching. Then I place the cookie sheet lined with berries in the freezer. I leave it in freezer for an hour or two, until they are frozen solid.



Once they are frozen, I take the berries off the cookie sheet and place them in freezer bags. I make sure I label the bags with what's inside and the date. By doing it this way I don't have to worry about the berries freezing in large clumps. Makes it so much easier getting the amount I need out of the bag to use for smoothies or other recipes.


Thanks for stopping by. If you have any favorite recipes using berries please share them... I have a feeling I'm going to have ton of them to get used up. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...